Welcome to our new column where we review the previous NFL week and look at the odds and some games for the upcoming weekend.
So, after three weeks of football, here is the skinny: Favorites are 24-24 ATS while Overs are 29-19.
When it comes to bad beats, you have to feel for Atlanta Falcons backers. ATL dominated from the jump and were up 16 in the 4th quarter before their usual meltdown began. They even had a 99% chance to win the game, until it all went to SH*T. Welcome to bad beat city, something Falcons backers are all too familiar with.
People who bet on the Dallas Cowboys and anyone that bet the KC-BAL over also have a fair gripe, but I have to give it to the Falcons here. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a team lose the way Atlanta did on back to back weeks. But, as a gambler, nothing shocks me anymore.
A couple of quick things that stuck out to me otherwise:
- BACKDOOR BURROW does it again. Not really a backdoor technically, but just covering again while they were on the road and a big dog to Philly. The kid seems special.
- The Bears, who are 3-0, could easily be 0-3, but they keep finding a way. Can’t’ take that away from them. Let’s see if Nick Foles can work his magic with this Bears offense.
- I thought the first coach to be fired would be Adam Gase or Matt Patricia, but Atlanta’s Dan Quinn is giving them a run for their money after the last two weeks.
- Russell Wilson is the MVP right now. Back-to-back 5 touchdown weeks and another win. Are you kidding me?
- I’ve talked about this in some of my columns, but I like the Miami Dolphins. They will be a fun team to continue to watch, more on them later.
- How disappointing have the Eagles been? I talked about Carson Wentz on last week’s pod. I’m worried about him. That was a perfect spot for Philly to right the ship and they failed miserably against the Bengals.
Now, a look at Week 4. First, here are the odds via the SuperBook
Den -2.5 at NYJ
Ind -2.5 at Chi
NO -5.5 at Det
Ari -4.5 at Car
Cin -2.5 vs Jax
Dal -4.5 vs Cle
Hou -4 vs Min
Sea -7 at Mia
TB -6.5 vs LAC
Ten -1.5 vs Pit
Bal -13.5 at Wsh
LAR -11 vs NYG
KC -7 vs NE
Buf -2.5 at LV
SF -5.5 vs Phi
GB -6.5 vs Atl
A couple of games stick out right away.
- I’m looking at the Miami Dolphins catching a touchdown against the Seattle Seahawks. Look, it’s going to be hot and steamy this Sunday. I’ve seen teams fade there in the second half. The public will be all over the Hawks, but the Fins are well coached and have been playing good football. Already placed a bet to grab the 7 points.
- Call me crazy, but I like the Jets on Thursday Night Football. What a game after those Sunday night and Monday night matchups, lol. I just don’t see how an UDFA is favored on the road in a short week. I know it’s the Jets, but I see NYJ winning this straight up. I grabbed +3 out the gate and I would take the Jets down to a pk ‘em if you can.
Make sure you guys check back later this week for my final picks. Thanks for reading this week’s column, and let’s win some money in Week 4. I need a bounce back after last week.