Like every season, the NCAA reaches its final stretch of the campaign with March Madness. The best 64 teams in the country will fight in the direct knockout tournament, starting with the First Four and decided in the Final Four. Selection Sunday determined the pecking order, and it’s now time to start preparing for the battles.
First Four Ready For Action
The First Four will take place on March 14 and 15. This is an entry round ahead of the official start of the tournament, played the four worst teams and the four teams that qualified automatically. The winners of these games will advance to the first round of March Madness. All four of these games will take place at UD Arena in Dayton, OH.
- (16) SE Missouri State vs. (16) Texas A&M-Corpus Christi
Expect the Islands to continue to dominate in a hard-fought game on both ends of the court.
- (11) Pittsburgh vs. (11) Mississippi State
Mississippi State secures the win, despite a slow offense.
- (16) Fairleigh Dickinson vs. (16) Texas Southern
Texas Southern takes the win, building on their performance in the SWAC Tournament
- (11) Nevada vs. (11) Arizona State
Arizona State only barely found a spot in the tournament. Their luck is about to run out.
Round One is where the action really starts to take place. A single loss means elimination and no chance of advancing. Last year, Kansas and UNC went all the way, but it was Kansas who had the upper hand. They took the victory and the championship in a thrilling 72-69 fight to the end.
(9) Maryland vs. (8) West Virginia
(13) Furman vs. (4) Virginia
(10) Utah State vs. (7) Missouri
(16) Howard vs. (1) Kansas
(16) SE Missouri State/Texas A&M-CC winner vs. (1) Alabama
(12) Charleston vs. (5) San Diego State
(15) Princeton vs. (2) Arizona
(9) Illinois vs. (8) Arkansas
(9) Auburn vs. (8) Iowa
(12) Oral Roberts vs. (5) Duke
(15) Colgate vs. (2) Texas
(10) Boise State vs. (7) Northwestern
(16) Northern Kentucky vs. (1) Houston
(13) Louisiana vs. (4) Tennessee
(10) Penn State vs. (7) Texas A&M
(15) UNC-Asheville vs. (2) UCLA
(10) USC vs. (7) Michigan State
(14) Kennesaw State vs. (3) Xavier
(14) UC-Santa Barbara vs. (3) Baylor
(12) VCU vs. (5) Saint Mary’s
(15) Vermont vs. (2) Marquette
(11) Mississippi State/Pitt winner vs. (6) Iowa State
(11) N.C. State vs. (6) Creighton
(13) Iona vs. (4) UConn
(16) Texas Southern/FDU winner vs. (1) Purdue
(11) Providence vs. (6) Kentucky
(12) Drake vs. (5) Miami
(14) Grand Canyon vs. (3) Gonzaga
(9) Florida Atlantic vs. (8) Memphis
(14) Montana State vs. (3) Kansas State
(13) Kent State vs. (4) Indiana
(11) Arizona State/Nevada winner vs. (6) TCU