Welcome to our new column where we review the previous NFL week and look at the odds and some games for the upcoming weekend.
So, after six weeks of football, here is the skinny: Favorites are 42-49 ATS while Overs are 46-44-1.
When it comes to bad beats, you have to feel for Texans backers. A lot of things had to go wrong for Houston to not cover that game, including the Titans scoring a touchdown in OT. Same thing goes for Ravens backers, as Baltimore had the lead literally until Philly’s last drive. A crazy pass interference call got the Eagles down to the goal line and of course they punched it in to break the hearts of all Baltimore bettors.
The ebbs and flows of betting on football, right?
A couple of quick things that stuck out to me otherwise:
- The Bears defense is the real deal. They contained Teddy Bridgewater and company and made them look pedestrian for most of the day. They have a tough three-game schedule coming up, which could make or break their season.
- MVP Watch still has Russell Wilson in first but who is second now? Aaron Rodgers and Josh Allen have laid some duds. Dare I say, Patrick Mahomes is now two? Aaron Donald 3? This is fun to monitor.
- The Cleveland Browns are not back. I thought they were after their big win against the Colts, but against the Steelers, they looked like the same old Browns. Baker Mayfield looked terrible throughout. Maybe they should shut him down to get physically and mentally right if they want a shot at the playoffs.
- Who is the worst football team, the Jets or the Cowboys? Sheesh, if you watched their games this weekend, it would be tough to decipher between the two. I’ll still go Jets by a lot, but without Dak and their OL decimated with injuries, this is going to be a long season for Cowboys fans.
Now, a look at Week 7. First, here are the odds via the SuperBook:
Phi -6.5 vs NYG
Cle -3.5 at Cin
Dal -3 -120 at Wsh
Atl -3 vs Det
NO -8 vs Car
Buf -10.5 at NYJ
GB -3 at Hou
Sea -3 at Ari
NE -4 vs SF
KC -8.5 at Den
TB -2.5 at LV
Pit -1 at Ten
LAC -9.5 vs Jax
LAR -6.5 vs Chi
A couple of games stick out right away.
- I’m looking at the Bears going to LA this weekend. Again, the Bears have been getting no respect this season, and that is the case again in this spot. The Bears defense is for real, which is why I lean them getting 6 in this spot. I would not be surprised to see this line end at around 4 by kick-off.
- I’m going to keep fading the Jets, so I like the Bills in this matchup. I know that is a lot of points on the road, but going to keep this autofade rolling.
- Call me crazy, but I like two teams in the terrible NFC East. Give me the Giants getting 6 at Philly. Short week and mass injuries for the Eagles here. I see this line ending up around 4 by Thursday. And, I like the Washington Football Team. Did you all see the Cowboys play on MNF? The WFT d-line should be able to get pressure on Dalton and the Cowboys defense is swiss cheese right now.
Make sure you guys check back on the site later this week for my final picks. Thanks for reading this week’s column, and let’s win some money in Week 7.