The Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City, N.J., held its brick and mortar opening in June 2019 after converting the former Trump Taj Majal into the 21st century. The Hard Rock Online casino launched the same weekend with live casino and sportsbook software available for any New Jersey resident over 21 years old.
The sportsbook launched with promises to deliver sports betting that will “rock your world.” Let’s dive into Hard Rock’s online sportsbook software, apps and features and see if they succeeded in setting a new bar for New Jersey sportsbooks.
Current highlights of the Hard Rock online casino are:
- The Casino and Sportsbook are available in New Jersey for all residents of age and they plan to expand to other markets as they become available.
- They are operated by the Gaming Innovation Group (GiG)
- Available on the desktop at HardRockCasino.com or on mobile app for iOS and Android.
- A new customer bonus of a risk free $100 sports bet is offered after creating an account.
The first thing you notice upon visiting Hard Rock’s sportsbook is its industry-leading visual layout. The website’s home page takes a no-nonsense approach, with everything laid out cleanly and efficiently.
As you can see, the main information provided upon sign-in is lines for upcoming games of note, which is this case are a slate of MLB games. Along the left rail, a menu cleanly displays all the sub-pages which clients might need to find quickly. You can easily pull your bet report history, check your account balance and see all the rewards you currently qualify for among many other options.
Overall, the first impressions of the Hard Rock Sportsbook are very high upon viewing this initial landing page. While many of their competitors did more of a soft launch with limited offerings, the Hard Rock came in prepared with a full menu of sports betting options for both new users and veterans alike. So now that we’ve established the strengths of the Hard Rock Sportsbook, lets delve into how to actually fund an account and get started.
First things first, which deposit methods does the Hard Rock Sportsbook accept?
- ACH Bank Transfer: This is your standard bank account to sportsbook account transfer. Very convenient and quick.
- Visa: Use your Visa card to add funds to your online account as quick and easy as making any online purchase.
- PayNearMe: This cash-based funding option lets players print or save a ticket to be cashed at their local 7-Eleven, CVS Pharmacy, Family Dollar or other local shopping outlet.
- Play+: This FDIC insured account is reloadable and is perfect for use on online sportsbook or casino accounts.
- GlobalPay(eCheck): Deposit service which touts instant transactions for both paper and eChecks. With their proprietary software, VIP LightSpeed, paper checks or receipts are obsolete and all transactions are handled in the cloud.
- In-Person at the Hard Rock Casino: The easiest way to deposit, so long as you live close to Atlantic City, is to simply head over to the cashier window inside the Hard Rock and deposit funds directly there. Be sure to have your New Jersey ID and account information handy to utilize this deposit method.
Getting your Sign-Up Bonuses
Much like every other legit sportsbook in the world, the crew at the Hard Rock Online Sportsbook offers an initial sign-up bonus to new clients. They want to make sure your first bet is a winner, even if you aren’t. Upon signing up and making a deposit of $100, and make your first bet $100 or greater, Hard Rock will give you back $100 hard cash if you lose. Doesn’t get more risk-free than that people.
How to claim the promo:
- Sign up for a new account at HardRockCasino.com and validate your email.
- Head to the cashier, select risk-free bet offer and make a deposit of at least $100
- Head over to the sportsbook and select the event you want to wager on.
- Place a wager of at least $100 and select the “Risk-Free bet” option on your betting slip/
- If you win, you keep the winnings and its business as usual
- If you lose, the Hard Rock will deposit $100 into your account and better luck next time.
Existing customers are also able to redeem this promo as long as you have not already claimed it, even if you have claimed the casino bonus. Terms and conditions apply, so check the site, but they are minimal. They come with no betting requirements or any other roadblocks along the way. The only stipulation of note is you must claim your risk-free bet within seven days of opting into the promotion.
There is another sign-up bonus which the Hard Rock Casino offers which puts up to an extra $1,000 into your account to really get you started in fashion. When you make an initial deposit at your HardRockCasino.com account, the Hard Rock will match 100 percent of your deposit up to $1,000.
If you deposit $50 you get another $50 to gamble with, put $200 in your account and watch another $200 magically appear, pretty simple. The bonus is yours and can be used immediately and as soon as all the betting requirements are met, you are also free to withdraw it.
How to Get Your Casino Initial Deposit Bonus
- Sign up for an account at www.HardRockCasino.com if you have no already.
- Click on the cashier area and select “deposit now”
- Choose your preferred payment method from the drop-down menu
- Select the offer and make a deposit of $20 or more and watch your extra funds be added instantly.
As with any other offer there are terms and conditions to go over, so check the website before making a move on this or any sportsbook bonus. That being said, the restrictions on this promo along with Hard Rock’s other promos, are very lax and really allow for players to enjoy their extras instead of figuring out how exactly to navigate restrictions.
Betting Options at the Hard Rock Online Sportsbook
Hard Rock’s Online Sportsbook offers all the usually suspects in the U.S. betting market along with a strong representation of international sports. In addition to betting on NFL, MLB, NHL and MLB, Hard Rock offers odds on MMA events, boxing, rugby, golf, soccer, tennis and more.
While the Hard Rock tics all the must cover boxes, their overall selection does fall short in the international soccer market as they offer limited coverage compared to other established sportsbooks like Sugar House and William Hill.
One area the Hard Rock Sportsbook shines is offering a plethora of markets for the sports available daily. For example, a single NBA game may have 75 or more wagers available. Obviously, the standard wagers are available on the moneyline, spread and totals. But what really takes Hard Rock to the next level is their extensive list of alternate spreads & totals, halftime or period betting plus player and team props just to name a few.
The full rundown of game bets & props are as follows:
- Point spreads
- Alternate spreads and totals
- First half / second half or quarter by quarter outcomes
- Round robins
The different bet types are easy to find and wager on, especially their parlay software which is fully integrated into the betting slips. Just hit the “parlay” option on your slip to add them to that particular portion of your betting ticket.
Hard Rock Sportsbook Live In-Play Betting
The Hard Rock Sportsbook launched with full in-play betting capabilities and have continued to grow and hone its software over the last 14 months. You will be pleased to find all major US sports are offered along with a strong international representation for Soccer, Tennis and Motorsports.
As you can see from the above life tennis match, the layout of Hard Rock’s live betting platform is among the best in the business right now. Even for a tennis match they have presented on the right a representation of a tennis court with interactive scores and stats to compliment the impressive list of live odds.
Simply click on the “Live Zone” button on the main page’s link bar and view the list of events going on with available betting odds. You will also see a small “Live” icon next to any game on the main page which you can click on to go to odds for that specific event.
Big ups to the Hard Rock for creating what might possible the best live betting platform in New Jersey right now with an in-depth wagering interface. This makes navigating and betting on their extensive wagering options a very user-friendly experience full of live scoring data, stats and odds. Look for Hard Rock to continue to expand their live betting experience in the near future and hopefully the sports the offer along the way.
The Bottom Line
As both a brick and mortar casino as well as an online sportsbook the Hard Rock not only competes with its New Jersey neighbors but really sets the bar. If you enjoy a clean layout, a wide variety of betting options for both sports and casino, plus weekly promotions than the Hard Rock online sportsbook might be answer you have been searching for.