Borgata Casino is one of New Jersey’s biggest and best casinos, with a well-deserved reputation. The historic New Jersey casino now has a diverse online offering, including a full sportsbook & casino with slots, classics and more. Borgata is New Jersey’s most highly-respected casino brand, and accordingly, its online casino has a number of great features that make it a standout.
Borgata’s online sportsbook went live in May 2019, almost a year to the day of sports betting becoming legal on a national level. Borgata really was fashionably late to the party in New Jersey, as they were the 14th sportsbook to launch in the state. They made the most of that time, however, by creating a very well-designed product for both website and mobile users. Interested players can just head to BorgataSports.com for a full list of sports, most popular bets of the day, enhanced betting odds and live in-play options. Navigating the website and app is made easier by a simple and clean interface with intuitive buttons.
Take advantage of the labeled navigation menu to browse the various leagues along with showing which games are getting the most attention on any given day. Ease of use and simplicity seems to be the strategy that Borgata set out to accomplish, and they have. This does, however, limit some of the information other sportsbooks offer like live stats for in-play wagering.
With all that in mind, let’s go in depth and take a look at how the platform functions using the standout features that make this option a top pick. But first off, let’s review some current promotions and bonuses on offer from Borgata Sports.
$250 Risk Free Bet Welcome Bonus
Get started today with Borgata Sports betting with a risk-free offer that refunds your first bet with up to $250 in straight cash if it’s a loss. You can place your first wager and cash out either a win or get your losses back. It’s as simple as that, all you have to do is:
- Download the Borgata Sports app
- Create an account or login to existing one
- Make your first bet of $25 or more on any available event
- If the bet is a winner you keep your stake as usual
- If the best is a loss than the Borgata will refund you up to $250 in cash
The wager must be graded within seven days from being placed, so don’t go betting on Super Bowl futures with your first bet, stick with day-to-day betting. No codes or hoops to jump through other than that, you just have to be a new customer and place your first bet.
Sure, there are other offers out there from various books which might look more lucrative on first sight, but with no wagering requirements for this promotion, the Borgata makes a tempting offer.
Get an extra $25 bonus
Signing up at Borgata Sports also adds a $25 credit to try in the online casino. No deposit is required for this, but it does come with some betting stipulations. It has a 15x rollover, meaning you are required to bet $15 for each $1 In bonus money before you would be able to make a withdrawal. In this instance you would have to bet a total of $375 to clear the entire bonus, and just 3 days to do it.
Make a risk free bet every Monday
Cure even the strongest case of the Mondays with this great promotion from Borgata Sports, which you can take advantage of all summer long. Moneyline Mondays are chosen weekly by the sportsbook who put out a Match-Up of the Night. If you lay a moneyline bet on the game and lose, you get a cash refund up to $10.
- Just make a ML bet on the “Match-Up of the Night and get up to $10 cash back if you lose
- Only the first loss each Monday from June 3 to September2, 2019 is eligible
Make a bet and get a $10 Online Casino credit
Your Friday nights just got a bit better with this promotion for the Borgata online casino. Just bet on any sports event and get $10 bonus dollars for the Borgata Casino app.
- Make a bet (min $10) on any sports event and get $10 on the Casino app
- Only your first bet of the night is eligible
- Bonus dollars will appear in your casino account within 72 hours
What Can I Bet on at Borgata Online?
The Borgata’s Sportsbook stacks up well with the other major betting sites in regards to its coverage and wager types. Not surprisingly you will find all the usual major U.S. sports, major international leagues and major events worldwide.
The full A-Z menu of sports includes:
Betting options for each sport are rather diverse, especially in the hours leading up to game time. Using today’s MLB games as an example, you have to options of course to bet on the games straight up, ATS or on the total. On top of this, there are options to be on the first 5 innings, a number of alternate lines, team totals and other various game props.
On top of daily betting you also have the option to bet on all kinds of futures for many different sports. NBA MVP betting, College Football Playoff odds and Cy Young lines are just a few futures you have the ability to wager on online at Borgata.
You won’t be left wanting with the sports covered and bets offered. Borgata sports gives users a fully fleshed out betting experience with all major sports and wager types included.
Boosted Bets at the Borgata
You may have noticed above in the sports menu a section labeled ‘Boosted Bets’ and might be curious as to what exactly they are. If you click over you can see a breakdown of bets with enhanced odds from Borgata.
For example, odds for a Chris Sale to strikeout over eight hitters is boosted from -140 to -100, or a bet on the San Francisco 49ers to win the Super Bowl in 2020 at a boosted price of +4400, up from +3000.
It’s worth popping in and checking on these games daily because they do rotate in and out and there is a lot of value to be found on this page.
Live Betting with Borgata Sports
One of the favorite features of any sportsbook is their live betting software and capabilities. The Borgata does not disappoint in this regard. They have a well laid-out interface for live betting and a ton of things to bet on during gamedays. There could be more coverage for individual events, such as the Tour de France, but they offer enough to keep you coming back.
Generally speaking, the options mainly are comprised of standard full-game and part-time bets. The tennis matches pictured below do a good job of showing off your ability to be on winner of the next game, set or match. Or you can bet on the first 5 innings of a baseball game as well, not fantastically unique compared to the competition but they get the job done.
As mentioned above, the in-game statistics are lacking a bit compared to others, and keeping up with what is happening on the field is paramount to effective live betting. With other sites having essentially an ESPN style gamecast to accompany bettors, Borgata needs to step up their game in this department to compete with others for in-play bettors.
Whether you want to wager on moneylines, totals, straight up games or various props, the Borgata’s live betting page has you covered.
Borgata Sportsbook Deposit Methods
One way that the Borgata really stands out is their variety of effective and secure deposit methods.
- VIP Preferred™ ACH/E-Check: Just provide a copy of a valid New Jersey driver’s license along with your bank account’s routing number. This allows for instant deposits at Borgata Online.
- Online Banking Transfers: Another bank option is you can transfer directly from your pre-existing online bank account to your Borgata account. You must have the “bill pay’ ability enabled from your bank for this to function properly.
Credit Card or Debit Card Deposits
- Borgata Online Prepaid Play+: You can use your Borgata play+ account to make instant deposits to you online sportsbook account. Sign up and fund your card via a credit or debit card. The just log into your sportsbook account and click the Prepaid Play+ option on the cashier pages.
- Visa & Mastercard: Reload your account with a Visa or Mastercard securely but the success rate can be lower due to some processors weary of sports betting. A way around this would be to fund a Neteller or Skrill e-wallet.
- Neteller or Skrill: Using these accounts allows you to transfer funds to you Borgata Sportsbook Account without issues with your transaction consistency. They have been processing online wagering deposits for years worldwide. Just sign up at Neteller.com or Skrill.com and use your credit or debit card to make deposits. Some fees apply so read their websites before you start depositing.
- At Borgata’s Casino: Add funds directly in cash at the cashier window inside the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City. You will need to have ID and your account information on hand to utilize this method.
- PayNearMe: This allows you to fund your Borgata account with convenience at places like 7-Eleven, CVS and Family Dollar. You just need a PayCode emailed or texted to you and use it to pay with cash at the store closest to you.
Borgata Sports Betting App
Borgata’s mobile betting platform is available for both Android and Apple devices as can be expected. Just search in your app store or download it directly from the Borgata Sports website. Much like the main website the app is squeaky clean as far as the interface goes making it easy to find what you want quickly. The menus are simple and make perfect use of the space provided. In fact, the mobile app might even be easier to work with than the website, it really is that clean. You will find yourself forgetting you are even using the app after getting lost in some live wagering stats or steam movement. Perhaps best of all is the ability to use the app anywhere in the world, if only just to check scores and odds. Obviously, you can’t actually wager outside of the Garden State, but it’s a handy tool for sports bettors to have such an app on their phone, think the Score but for gamblers.
iRewards Loyalty Program
The Borgata offers a tiered loyalty program which aims to give back to customers playing real money games. Sounds cliché, but ‘the more you play the more you ear’ is pretty much the name of this game. The tiered layout gives you ‘goal’ to shoot for in the hopes of becoming a Black Elite member and making it easier to convert these points back into cash. Point may also be used at the iRewards store to purchase bonuses, electronics and comps at MGM resorts.
Newbies start off on the Red tier and grow by making bets online on desktop of mobile.
|Level||Monthly (points)||Quarterly (points)|
|Red Label Plus||150||–|
|Black Label Elite||–||15,000|
Responsible Gaming Limits
One feature that makes playing at the Borgata even betters is their tool for setting limits on yourself and you gambling. It offers you total control to set your own limits based on your wagering strategy and helps from letting things get away from you. With the ability to set limits on your deposits, stake per bet and even how much time the system will allow you to log in for can all be controlled on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
The Bottom Line
Borgata’s Online Sportsbook takes the rock-solid reputation of the brick and mortar site in AC and pairs it stunningly with lightning quick software which is easy to navigate quickly to find what you need. They offer a very comprehensive list of deposit options for players and a fair amount of promotions and bonuses to keep players happy.
We strongly recommend any New Jersey based sports bettor to head over to BorgataSports.com and kick the tires a little bit.